ACCA Walkathon Goes Virtual
For the first time in over 30 years, we are making our association’s annual fundraising walkathon, which support our youth/seniors programs, a virtual event due to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
We have titled this year’s event – “ACCA’s 2020 Bust-A-Move!”
You don’t have to be an athlete to get involved with “ACCA’s 2020 Bust-A-Move.” You can choose to participate in it from your backyard, balcony, living room, the trails or your local park.
Why You Should Support ACCA’s 2020 Bust-A-Move?
It is only through your support that we are able to provide the services and programs we offer. Funds realized from the event go toward our seniors and youth programs, which address senior’s isolation- through exercise, conversations, educational forums and food delivery where necessary. Our youth program focuses on Black history classes, mentorship to help youth develop self-confidence and cultural pride.
Therefore, we are looking forward to your participation in this year’s events, which runs between September 20 and 27.
To sign up for “ACCA’s 2020 Bust-A-Move” Virtual Event:
- Register below
- Choose a date, between October 18- 25, to do your activity.
- Choose the activity you wish to engage in – walk, run, wheel, skateboard or biking. You can form a group of 10 or less and do a group activity – a dance, a workout session, run, walk, or just Bust-A-Move!
- Request a pledge sheet by emailing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask your friends, family and network to sponsor you.
- Whichever activity you choose to do, we encourage you to add a little flare to it by selecting your favorite Reggae, Soca or Afro-Beat sounds and “Bust-A-Move!”
- Upload an image or a video of your participation in the virtual activity; (Note: This is Optional).
- We encourage you to collect your pledges electronically
- Please send your pledges via e-transfer (email@example.com) PayPal (Link below sign up form) or cheque.
Please mail cheque to:
ACCA, 423 King Street East, Hamilton, L8N 1C5
- A tax receipt will be issued for donations of $10.00 or more.
- Let’s Bust-A-Move responsibly and maintain social distancing
The more contributions you raise, the more successful we’ll be at achieving our fundraising goal.
Thank you in advance for your participation!